Type of Provision: Children’s Home
Total No. of children’s homes & other services: 2
Total No. of registered beds: 16
Size range of homes: small to medium
Age range on admission: 8-18 years
Specialist Service: Children with Learning disabilities and/or needs associated with autism and children with emotional and/or behavioural issues.
Other Education Provision: We will be registering a school to link with our home in Lincolnshire later in 2020. We link in with outside educational provision.
Registered School or Other Educational Provision: We will be registering a school to link with our home in Lincolnshire later in 2020. We link in with outside educational provision.
Therapeutic Provision: If a child requires therapeutic input, we have specialists who can provide this on a sessional basis.
VALs Community currently consists of:
· Aspiration House and we will be registering a school in the future. They provide support and education for children and young people between the ages of 8 and 18, who have learning disabilities and/or needs associated with autism. The school and home will be separate buildings so the young people can differentiate between both.
· Ivie Lodge Children’s Home provides support for children and young people between the ages of 8 and 18 who have emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
The ethos of VAL’s Community is:
• Validate – What can the child do in society? Where do they fit in? Have they a valued role?
• Achieve – What do we define as an outcome/achievement?
• Live – People knowing who the children are for a good reason, not afraid of them and value their input.
At VALs Community we support the children and young people to develop themselves so that they can feel that they are valued members of the world they live in.